PICAIS publishes calls for Event Funding at the University of Passau twice a year.
The new application deadlines for 2022 will be published in October/November.
Please find all relevant information of our first call, which ended mid September, in the following four documents:
- first and closed Call: PICAIS Event Funding Programme, ended on 15 September 2021
- Application Form
- Leaflet: Flat Fees (for section D of your application)
- Funding Guidelines
Contact: PICAIS office
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree.
At least one of the applicants must be a member of the University of Passau.
- Special consideration is given to proposals submitted by and/or involving early career researchers as well as internationally competitive alliances.
- The involvement of international speakers is particularly welcome.
Which event types, subjects and/or topics?
- All forms of academic events (e.g. conferences, lecture series, symposia, seminars, summer schools and workshops) to be held at the University of Passau that
- facilitate excellent research and initiate or promote enhance cooperation networking.
- Participants may include scholars from one specific discipline or a mix of many disciplines.
- Open to all disciplines, topics and methodological traditions
PICAIS especially seeks to sponsor events that are related to one of the University’s guiding themes, whereby proposals for interdisciplinary scholarly events are preferred:
1 Europe and Global Transformation
2 Migration, Sustainable Development, and Just Order
3 Digitalisation, Networked Society, and (Internet) Culture
The first call ended on September 15, 2021.
The application details for event funding in 2022 and in 2023 will be published by mid October.
The funding scheme is predominantly set up as partial funding and subsidy (‘Beihilfe’ in German), i.e. it is possible that the funds cover only part of the costs, in which case complementary funding will have to be provided by the applicants.