Calls and Application Details
PICAIS publishes calls for Event Funding at the University of Passau in several selection rounds each year.
The new application deadlines for 2023 are as follows:
Call 1 ends on Wednesday, March 15, 2023,
Call 2 ends on Monday, May 15, 2023,
Call 3 end on Tuesday, October 17, 2023,
each for funding in the years 2023 and 2024.
Please find all relevant information in the following four documents:
- Call: PICAIS Event Funding Programme
- Application Form (word-file)
- Leaflet: Flat Fees (for section D of your application)
- Funding Guidelines
Please note that the application documents may change slightly. We recommend that you ensure that the relevant documents are up to date before submitting your application.
Contact: PICAIS office
Please be aware that event planning has to follow the "Repräsentationsrichtlinien" of the University of Passau. Here you can find information on the usage of funds for e.g. catering and hospitality. These regulations are only available in German. If you need help with comprehension, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, the University provides an excel sheet for calculating the costs of the event. Here you can find the English version of this document to help you plan your event.
Please also make sure to check that rooms for your event will be available when submitting your application.
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree.
At least one of the applicants must be a member of the University of Passau.
- Special consideration is given to proposals submitted by and/or involving early career researchers as well as internationally competitive alliances.
- The involvement of international speakers is particularly welcome.
Which event types, subjects and/or topics?
- All forms of academic events (e.g. conferences, lecture series, symposia, seminars, summer schools and workshops) to be held at the University of Passau that
- facilitate excellent research and initiate or promote enhance cooperation networking.
- Participants may include scholars from one specific discipline or a mix of many disciplines.
- Open to all disciplines, topics and methodological traditions
PICAIS especially seeks to sponsor events that are related to one of the University’s guiding themes, whereby proposals for interdisciplinary scholarly events are preferred:
1 Europe and Global Transformation
2 Migration, Sustainable Development, and Just Order
3 Digitalisation, Networked Society, and (Internet) Culture
The funding scheme is predominantly set up as partial funding and subsidy (‘Beihilfe’ in German), i.e. it is possible that the funds cover only part of the costs, in which case complementary funding will have to be provided by the applicants.